Umang Vohra is a Managing Director and global CEO of Cipla company.
Umang Vohra did a bachelor of engineering in computer Science from MSRIT, Bangalore. Then he did MBA in management from T.A PAI Management Institute.
• Manager – Finance at Eicher Ltd. (1996-1998).
• Manager – Financial Planning at Pepsico – India. (1998-2002).
• Strategic Planning and Business Development at Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (2002-2008).
• Finance at Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (2008).
• Chief Financial Officer at Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (2009-2012).
• EVP and Head North America Generics and Corporate at Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (2012-2015).
Umang Vohra joined Cipla Ltd. in 2015 and has been the Managing Director & Global CEO of the Company since September 2016. He holds degrees in engineering, marketing, and finance. Vohra worked with companies such as Eicher Motors, PepsiCo, and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories. Through his previous roles and experience in India and the US, he has built a distinguished and successful career spanning almost two decades with a deep understanding of various aspects of the global pharmaceutical business.
Vohra’s priorities have been Cipla’s strategic growth, defining and also executing Cipla’s roadmap to maintain momentum in all home markets whilst strengthening its presence in other regions, augmenting capability, consolidating its core focus areas, and building the right organizations. Umang is a firm believer in the power of agile business models, data-driven analytics, disruptive technologies, and a future-ready workforce with a view to making a difference and changes in the lives of patients.